- The horse is a prey animal, who feels safest in a herd. Horses live in communities with a clear hierarchy and communicate primarily through body language.
- The horse/human relationship is based on mutual respect and communication, not through fear, pain or intimidation.
- Humans have to understand a horse's language, because horses aren't going to start speaking ours.
- Readers and authors communicate through a common language.
- The reader/author relationship is based on mutual respect and communication.
- Writers must understand a reader's language, for while readers might be willing to explore outside their comfort zone, they are unlikely to learn an entirely new language just to decipher your book.
It's very similar to being a writer. Everyone asks, "Is your book published yet?" As if that's the most important thing you can do with your work.